Who we are
binx is improving sexual health and wellness through new delivery methods that prioritize clinical integrity and consumer privacy and convenience. We provide a first of its kind, comprehensive digital program that includes evidence-based sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, counseling, treatment, and follow up in order to increase screening and reduce infections.
Our proprietary desktop, PCR-based, 30-minute, point of care testing platform and consumer mobile offerings break down screening barriers through discreet patient-tailored and individualized digital approaches that complement traditional brick-and-mortar care.
Research and Development Scientist
You will work within a team of R&D scientists and engineers in a quick moving, diverse and pro-active environment to assist in the development of new tests for our novel and proprietary point of care diagnostic platform. You will play a key part in contributing to the further development of a range of applications and assays on our unique io platform that is a world first in molecular diagnostics providing laboratory quality results in 30 minutes. This exciting opportunity will expand the menu of tests that help patients receive a quick diagnosis when they need it and clinicians to truly operate a test and treat environment.
What You Will Do
You will work with our cross-functional consumer team in an agile environment to develop a patient experience that delivers diagnostic results that are clear and actionable. You will be counted on to contribute to realizing a product that is intuitive, high-quality, and secure. You will help empower patients to take control of their sexual health.
- Assist in the design & development of system-based nucleic acid assays
- Compose well-structured experimental plans
- High quality execution of laboratory experiments
- Optimization of assays to meet performance requirements and ensure patient safety.
- Transfer of bench developed assays to system prototypes.
- Laboratory report writing & presentation of results
- Research and development, testing and validation of performance of assay reagents and assay protocols.
- Follow and engage in the Quality Management System
Experience and skills that matters to us
- BSc in relevant biological science
- Commercial Nucleic acid assay development experience
- Commercial IVD product development experience
- Work to Quality Management & Regulatory framework
- Strong laboratory-used background
- Experimental design, data analysis & problem solving
- PCR assay development & optimization
- Multiplex PCR
- Gel electrophoresis
- PCR integration on to plastic disposable devices
- Microbiology to class II containment level
- Technical data presentation
- Strong verbal & written communications
- Working to project timescales / deadlines
For interested applicants, please submit resumes to: email@example.com