Who We Are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work, and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
binx is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented professional to join our growing team! The Senior Cost Accountant is a newly-created role in the U.S. that will be responsible for all aspects of inventory valuation and costing, cost accounting systems and procedures. You will work to prepare journals in the support of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes, audit activities and support various projects related to inventory and cost. In so doing, you will inform business decisions and strategies by analyzing data and trends. The successful candidate will have demonstrated her/his ability to partner with Operations and provide critical insight and guide the VP of Operations in making informed financial decisions.
- Leads all cost accounting activities for binx with responsibility for maintaining accurate books and records and strong internal controls.
- Owns standard cost calculation, while working Operations to ensure proper costing of inventory.
- Analyze manufacturing activities and investigating variances to ensure accurate inventory costing and measure gross margin performance.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations related to inventory, cost of sales, reserves and variances.
- Prepare monthly detailed Inventory Reserve analyses for inventory reporting, and partner with Operations to ensure the accuracy of reported inventories.
- Identify opportunities to streamline the accounting close process, enhance existing procedures, and opportunities to improve the utilization of our financial system tools and methods
- Work with Operations team to review internal controls over inventory to ensure adherence and process integrity and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory process at third party logistic warehouses.
- Provide support for financial analysis projects as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 4 years’ direct experience in revenue, cost, and inventory accounting required; experience with IFRS a plus
- Strong understanding of cost accounting concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and perform within deadlines
- Significant cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including working directly with operations management
- Strong attention to detail and significant experience in budget preparation and variance analysis
- Advanced MS Office proficiency; Advanced Excel user, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Experience with large ERP systems; SAP or SAP by Design experience a plus
binx health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For interested applicants, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org