Who We Are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
binx is seeking a highly motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented professional to join our growing team! The Assistant Controller is a newly-created role in the U.S. that will be responsible for all aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close process. Reporting to the Finance Director, this role will work closely with other departments and auditors to ensure accurate and timely internal and external financial reporting. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task, cross-train, and improve processes in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and year end close and preparation of financial statements
- Supervise, direct and review the work of 3-4 direct reports
- Manage the operational accounting close process and implement process improvements that improve the overall transparency, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Drive process and internal control improvements and play key role in system implementations and integrations
- Working with the Finance team, assist in the identification, accounting, and documentation of significant transactions that impact the Company
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue, accounts receivable and deferred revenue journal entries and reconciliations.
- Oversee close activities related to inventory and COGS, including the preparation of journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, excess and obsolete inventory analysis, in transit inventory accrual, and cost variances.
- Assist with monthly gross margin analyses by product and customer, including variance analysis and identification of process improvements.
- Liaise with the Snr Director of Reporting and Technical Accounting to support monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Support the Finance Director/Snr Director of Reporting and Technical Accounting in preparation of Statutory accounts under IFRS.
- Work directly with external auditors on relevant areas and provide leadership for team-related audit deliverables
- Assist management in analysis and decision making on more involved accounting areas, including those which involve significant judgment and technical expertise
- Identify opportunities to develop and utilize systems that transform data into information
- Partner with other departments to ensure effective utilization of systems, application of Excel models/tools, reporting and information sharing, and overall compliance with internal controls
- Support the Finance Director in preparation of tax computations as required.
- Other duties, as required
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience required, Big 4 public accounting experience in auditing preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts; experience with IFRS a plus
- Strong collaborative and leadership skills
- Experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring internal control policies and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and perform within deadlines
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and ability to balance strategic thinking with detailed analysis
- Advanced Excel skills and hands-on experience with financial analytics and modeling required
binx health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For interested applicants, please submit resumes to email@example.com