Who we are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work, and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
Reporting to the COO/CFO, the Senior Corporate Counsel will be responsible for a wide variety of matters and will interact with and support various groups across the company, with a primary focus on overseeing contracts and effective negotiation, compliance, securities, corporate governance, and M&A process and negotiation among other matters. The candidate will provide counsel on corporate governance matters and support the Board of Directors and Committees, including preparation for Board and Committee meetings, preparing, managing, and implementing corporate governance and related policies, and preparing, managing, and implementing corporate policies. This person must remain up-to-date and keep the senior team advised on external governance trends, SEC and NASDAQ issues, general legal issues, and best practices.
- Provide day-to-day legal expertise in support of the Company and provide advice on diverse operational legal and policy issues and other various legal matters.
- Negotiate, draft and review various types of complex contracts and agreements. Provide support in connection with significant transactions, including due diligence.
- Anticipate and guard against legal and regulatory risks facing the Company and develop and recommend policies and positions to proactively mitigate such risks
- Coordinate with and effectively manage outside counsel with respect to litigation and other matters
- Provide support and advice on the topics of privacy and security in compliance with the GDPR, CCPA, and similar laws and regulations.
- Advising on general legal matters while working closely with senior management, HR, compliance, finance, business development, and operations personnel
- Manage and respond to actual and threatened litigation, complaints, and claims, as well as government agency investigations and inquiries
- Provide ongoing guidance and consultation regarding potential and actual disputes
- Develop and review programs, policies, and procedures to ensure multi-jurisdictional compliance and prevent, detect, and resolve potential misconduct
- Advise business teams regarding operational compliance and emerging regulatory changes affecting compliance obligations under federal, state, and local laws (g., compliance with FCPA, SOX, TCPA, etc.)
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Be able to negotiate contracts and answer questions related to relevant data privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Oversee securities law compliance relating to legal aspects of the Company. Assist with the preparation and review of Annual Reports and Quarterly and Periodic filings. Prepare and review registration statements and related filings and review related agreements.
- Review internal reports, presentations, and other materials for legal compliance
- Assist in compliant investor outreach and communication, including Regulation FD compliance
- Collaborate in maintaining and updating corporate compliance documents and policies, including Code of Ethics and Committee Charters
- Identify business issues on customer and vendor contracts and advise internal clients to enable them to make judgment calls on such issues
- Provide strategic advice and legal counsel on disputes and contract interpretation issues
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- 8-10 years combination of big law-firm and in-house experience
- Public-company reporting experience
- An active member in good standing with the Massachusetts Bar
- Experienced in contract drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements (eg, consulting, development, distribution, clinical trial, service, and sales agreements)
- Experience in complex corporate transactions
- Experience with SEC filings, annual reporting, and shareholder matters
- Knowledge of HIPAA/GDPR and other federal and state compliance matters (this position will also hold the role of Compliance Officer)
- Experience with telemedicine law/regulations a plus
- Ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Relevant experience in corporate, regulatory compliance, and/or related fields
- Knowledge of applicable statutes, laws, regulations, and industry standards required
- Excellent interpersonal communications (both oral and written), issue-spotting, and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and build cross-functional relationships within binx and with third-party stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of achieving legal department/corporate objectives
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks while maintaining confidentiality
Excellent organizational and project management skills; professional demeanor; unquestioned integrity, credibility; enthusiasm; strong emotional intelligence
binx health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For interested applicants, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org