Who we Are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work, and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of our team! Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Controller, assists in the preparation of the Company’s financial reporting, including consolidated financial statements and management discussion and analysis, ensuring that Company procedures conform to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The Manager of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting is responsible for researching, developing, and documenting technical accounting memos and leveraging prior public accounting experience in the diagnostics, device, or biotech industry will work collaboratively across the Company to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and enhance its reporting capabilities.
- Preparation of financial statements and reports that meet all regulatory and accounting guidelines including preparation of financial statements, footnotes, auditable support, and analysis
- Provide advice and guidance on all technical accounting matters including research of IFRS and Implementation of new IFRS standards as applicable
- Lead the research and preparation of technical accounting treatment position papers. Responsible for monitoring new accounting developments, pronouncements, and accounting policy developments and support implementation efforts including required disclosures and senior management education.
- Engagement and review of new business transactions; including accounting guidance/interpretation and optimal structure on a variety of topics. Involves understanding the transaction, researching the accounting literature, structuring alternatives, strategize the best position for desired results, documenting conclusions, resolving auditor questions and documentation needs, assessing and developing new controls, developing operational processes to account for complex transactions, assessing operations, and/or financial risks.
- Participate in the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Develop and execute internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes, and procedures
- Participate in the month-end close process and management reporting for assigned areas
- Liaise with external auditors. Support consolidated financial audits and statutory audits, including preparation of PBC items
- Assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies, best practices, and procedures
- Support and adhere to strong internal control policies and procedures, identifying areas for improvement
- Perform special projects, ad-hoc financial reporting, and other duties, as required
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience and active CPA license is required
- 6-8 years of work experience (can be a combination of public accounting and/or industry position in accounting policy or SEC Reporting)
- Demonstrated IFRS technical accounting skills as evidenced by excellent research and documentation skills supporting accounting positions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Excellent team player who can work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required