Who we are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broaden access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
The Research and Development Scientist works within a team of R&D scientists and engineers in a quick moving, diverse and pro-active environment to assist in the development of new tests for our novel and proprietary point of care diagnostic platform. You will play a key part in contributing to the further development of a range of applications and assays on our unique io platform that is a world first in molecular diagnostics providing laboratory quality results in 30 minutes. You will play an important role in maintaining an efficient and professional lab area and ensuring that the R&D activities meet the high quality standards we set at binx. This exciting opportunity will expand the menu of tests that help patients receive a quick diagnosis when they need it and clinicians to truly operate a test and treat environment.
- Assist in the design & development of system-based nucleic acid assays
- Compose well-structured experimental plans
- High quality execution of laboratory experiments
- Optimisation of assays to meet performance requirements and ensure patient safety.
- Transfer of bench developed assays to system prototypes.
- Source, grow, maintain and organise micro-organisms for use in experiments and exclusivity and inclusivity protocols
- Laboratory report writing & presentation of results
- Assist in the process of validation and verification of assays and components of assays – reagents and assay protocols.
- Follow and engage in the Quality Management System
- Strong laboratory-based background
- Experimental design, data analysis & problem solving
- PCR assay development & optimisation
- Microbiology to class II containment level
- Multiplex PCR
- Verification and validation of equipment or products
- PCR integration on to plastic disposable devices
- Technical data presentation
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Working to project timescales/deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- BSc in relevant biological science
- Commercial Nucleic acid assay development experience
- Commercial IVD product development experience
- Work to Quality Management & Regulatory framework
binx health, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For interested applicants, please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org