Who we are
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners to broaden access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate, and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work, and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline-driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. The technical expert and leader will play a critical role in building the manufacturing strategy, implementing new processes, conducting process improvement, and delivering manufacturing advancement projects for binx. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellence and passion for developing new products/processes within the molecular device industry. A key element of this experience is in leading cross-functional manufacturing engineering projects and inspiring collaboration throughout the organization. The Manufacturing Engineer will function as an individual contributor and subject matter expert; leading the development and implementation of manufacturing process technologies for our products at binx. This talented and passionate individual will be responsible for delivering innovative and practical manufacturing solutions that support various product development road maps. In addition to technical expertise, the Manufacturing Engineer will bring strong leadership and team-building skills fostering an environment of growth and personal development.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, tooling needs, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversees the development of production and process control information, prepares technical analysis, recommends manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes at binx.
- Drive Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/A) activities and process specification definition throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Responsible for design and characterization of prototype equipment and pilot processes in support of manufacturing scale-up.
- Support identification and qualification of suppliers for specialty materials, finished goods, and equipment.
- Interact with external OEM vendors to stringent timelines and capability requirements.
- Oversee internal and external resources, in the development of manual / semi-automated / fully-automated processes for product assembly.
- Works with globally located and cross-functional teams at the business unit and plant level to achieve project goals.
- Support root cause investigations and manufacturing process improvements.
- Support/perform design reviews, FMEA’s, risk/hazard analysis & establishing technical requirements.
Education, Experience, and Demonstrated Skills
- Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, molecular or related Engineering discipline is required.
- 7 + years of hands-on experience in mechanical engineering related to medical device design
- Prior experience in the manufacture of single-use disposables that interface to instrumentation/capital equipment
- Medical device manufacturing experience in a regulated environment
- Experience with cost reduction methods on existing product design
- High volume injection molding and assembly experience
- Experience with manufacturing quality
- Experience in manufacturing operations, engineering, MST roles is highly valued.
- Experience in a lab or commercial scale culture and molecular testing techniques Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert in clear technical communication to diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to deliver technical projects
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues and perform advanced data analysis
- Team player with proven ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. The majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
binx health, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For interested applicants, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org